Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Twist


I think yoga instructors would be excellent phone sex workers. Anyone who has been to a yoga class would probably agree. The ability to speak clearly about what your doing while twisting yourself in an awkward pose and thinking three moves ahead while blending your words seamlessly in a clear and relaxing manner are all talents that are needed in both fields. Not to mention most yoga instructors aren't hard to look at.
I've been doing the odd hot yoga class. I think its great for this time of year as it forces you to stretch, and reveals odd weaknesses that a person normally wouldn't be aware of. I've been going to yoga on and off for the past three years and I find I ride a bike faster when I do it a couple times a week. I don't think its benefits come from the strengthening of the core, but more so clears my head and put me in a nice relaxed state.

I'm not going to lie. I started going to Yoga in Vancouver because I was lonely and wanted to meet girls. Well this backfired on me as the $5 community rec center yoga was 97% women over 50. Either way it was a good class and I took a lot from it.

Stevie and I have been riding a bit along with going to the gym. I always love starting the gym routine but by the time I leave I'm done with it, and this is no exception. I leave soon, and I'll be happy to leave the squats on PEI.

A lot of people have been asking me about how I feel about leaving. In reality I'm terrified. Not so much about the racing, or the weather, or the culture shock, because I know I can adapt to all of those things. Mostly I'm scared of what will happen on the bike. Last year was so hard on my mind, that I'm kind of terrified of it happening again. I feel good, but at the same time I have the lingering feelings in my mind. I'm hoping some good training, a new environment, and some fresh competition will sooth these thoughts out of me.

I had a lot to prove last year, and I have even more to prove this year. The difference is that instead of proving it to other people my desire comes from proving it to myself.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good luck Ryan!! Your mindset sounds like its in a good place :D I'll be stalking your updates ;D