Friday, October 3, 2008

Helligan



The seasons are changing and I'm preparing for the last race of the year. The legendary Eligin 80 MTB race. Last years race showed itself to be one of the highlights of the year with 80km of dirt road/trail that consists of 2 different, big loops. I don't know whats better, the scenery or the spaghetti dinner after the race.
Lamb is talking about going out hard....the night before, and us islanders may join him but as of 1:00 today I don't know if we're leaving the night before, or the morning of. Its either 5:30 tonight, or 5:30 tomorrow morning.

I ordered a new roadie this week. Pretty good for someone who has $13 in their bank account. Kevin is trying to get rid of some of his Casasti frames in Vancouver so I thought I would hop on the opportunity to get a killer frame for pretty cheap. I don't know what it looks like but it has handmade STEEL lugs and carbon tubes...interesting eh?

I'm topping off the rig with some new Easton wheels and last years Dura-Ace Grouppo. Who buys new grouppos first year production anyway? If the bike industry has taught me anything, its that you NEVER buy anything first year production.

The new/old Staccato that I was riding now has a new home. I know it'll get ridden hard. That girl has been good to me.


I have an Anthropology assignment due in a couple weeks. Its on the 'Anthropolgy of Eating' where I have to observe groups of people eating and take notes on their habits. Well Bruce, Mark, Kent, Jamie,Terry, Garrett, you are all part of my experiment as I've decided to study what is eaten before, during and after an 80km, MTB race. I think it'll be a bit differant than what the professor usually gets.

I've decided to forgo the pre-race MTB ride in favor of cruising down to the coffee shop today. I think I'll hit up the slack trails in the park to get some fresh blood in the legs...all in casual clothes mind you. Yeah, its that time of year!

No comments: