Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Migration

250th Post on the Fine Grind
(While in Redlands we visited the Loma Linda childrens hospital)
The boys and I finished up Redlands with mixed results. The last stage was a killer day. Basically I got dropped on the first climb and suffered in the back pack for the rest of the day. Many guys didn't finish and I rolled out in the GC 88th, which was a finish, but still a half hour down.


The legs were definitely tired as we hit the first climb and there was simply no climbing or intensity left in them after the Crit.

The next day the team spilled out of our host houses who were great all week, and we started to make the hike up North. Josh, Roman and I decided to take a leisurely pace and did some sightseeing around Hollywood, the Coast, and San Fransisco. We stayed an extra night on the road but after much dodaling we still had to kill it driving all night to make it home on Wednesday Morning at 7am. The drive was pretty ridiculous and I think most of us are still feeling it today.

I got a chance to explore Portland today(we live in Vancouver Washington, just across the bridge from Portland), and its a neat little town. Roman and I just got back from the coffee shop, and I can see myself spending some time there. There is a theater just down the street that has $3 movies.

The house is a pretty sweet team house. There are 3 beds in the basement which will be my home for the next little while. Each of us have our own little space to spread out. After month of sleeping on terrible beds I finally have a killer killer bed. I slept like a baby for a solid 10 hours straight last night.

The family room is the hub of the house where the TV is always on and there are about 4 laptops always running. There is also a signed Yellow Jersey from Lance Armstrong to Norrene's Mom hanging on the wall.

As expected its rainy and cold.

No comments: