Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cooked




The CPEI Banquet was last night which always proves to be a good time. Usually this time of year when the fall fades into the brink of winter I find I don't see as many of the people in the cycling community as often as I would like. The banquet is a good way to catch up again before the big snows hit, and its a good recap of the year.

Because the Canada games guys are my drinking buddies on the weekend, I don't really look at them as 'the Canada Games Team.' last night was a good recap of their season as their accomplishments were awarded, and a few stories were told. Every one on the team overcame a obstacle. Whether it be broken hands and wrists from brawling, or working on school during training, broken bikes , or simply not riding a bike competitively until this year. When looking back on the year it was great to see them go through that journey and to compete alongside them.

I hope the Craftsman team comes to fruition. It would be great to have an avenue become available for these guys to kill the rest of the Maritimes in Atlantic races. It wasn't long ago that riders from the the Island would regularly sweep the podium at most Atlantic Canadian races. Maybe its something in the soil.

Work Work Work is what I do all the time. I haven't really been doing much else other than french class which I'm skipping tonight because I'm exhausted from work. I've started to take a recovery/protein shake after work because I'm just fried afterword. 10 hours of lugging is killing this guy. My arms however are loving the attention. They use to be little and weak but Ive noticed a huge jump in bulk up there.

Being able to rip phone books in half is a cool party trick, but it doesn't make you fast on a bike, so I guess it will have to go.

Looking for a team in Europe...anyone have a leed?

No comments: