Thursday, November 26, 2009

I still don't know what the hell is happening for me next year, but I have a few leeds that I might take advantage of. I'm really looking fore ward to next year for a lot of reasons. Part of getting fast on a bike is changing things that didn't work the year before, or simply modifying them to be more efficient.

Last year was a shit show, and blatantly showed me what I was doing wrong. I learned a lot about my body and myself, and I'd like to think I learned the hard way to listen to it better than I was. The older you get the more you realize you are far from invincible.

Next year I want to do some experiments as well with training. Nothing huge, just little things, like staying a bit heavier. That is a red flag in most cyclists minds, but I think it might be for the best. As soon as the season ends I bulk up from 155 to about 175, so I think my body is naturally a bit bigger and heavier than most skinny cyclists. I think it might work best in the 160 range. Ill see how that goes.

Also, throwing in more rest, less LSD and more intensity in the early year. I don't know where I'll be so I might forgo Tucson. I'd love to train in Georgia in the Spring. The weather isn't as good, but the riding is better I hear, and it might give my head a fresh start.

I'm hoping to get everything figured out in the next week. At least that will give me a clear flight plan.

Stevie and I have been riding quite a bit. Its great. I started working 3 days a week instead of 5 and getting more day-to-day things done and its working out well. So far November has been amazing here on old PEI and I'd like to think I'm taking advantage of it

No comments: