Sunday, April 20, 2008

Punch Drunk Love



I mentioned in a couple posts back that waking up to rain is not a good feeling. Well, I think waking up to snow is even worse. Vancouver got a healthy dose of the white stuff on the weekend, just in time for our mini-team training camp.
"All systems go" said the email, and I bundled up in all my cycling clothes to push on for our first ride of the camp.


As the day went on, slowly but shurley the snow melted Vancouver style and we continued to ride. We scoped out the courses for the upcomming stage race next weekend and I discovered a few good roads that I plan on exploring throughout the week. I rolled in home with a modest 145km in the legs, which isn't huge, but the 2000m elevation gain definitely added some spice.


Day 2 wasn't as intense, and we spent more time on the road course for the race. With 20%grades(according to the Garmin) it was good to see the climb before having it thrown at you in the race. We explored RedNeck country in Mission BC, and again, I think I found some more good roads. Scott and I rolled in home with a decent 130km in the legs, but again a good 2000m elevation gain throughout the ride.


It was when we rolled into the driveway that we discovered we were locked out of the house. Some scurrying up the side of the house to the patio yielded locked doors, but trapped Scott 15feet off the ground until help arrived. Good thing we had our trusty chocolate milk all ready in hand from the 711. Anyone who says keeping down 1 litre of chocolate milk isn't possible, hasn't talked to 2 hungry cyclists.

Sara got home about 30 minutes later and we were on our way to warm showers away from the friggin' 8 degree temps.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I guess this means next time you will remember to put your keys in your pocket? Or maybe choose Starbucks with the rest of us instead of riding home with Scott :)