Friday, September 19, 2008

Up and Up....then Down!



I've been waiting for a new camera from Future Shop for about 4 weeks now. So, this explains the lack of solid photo posts. Life has been divided up between school and work. I haven't really been doing a lot of either to tell you the truth. I'm riding a bit, but not as much I would like.

Its weird when you reach the point in the off season where you don't feel like a bike racer anymore. The leg veins once a stable in the physic, only come out when I'm hung over and dehydrated from the drink. The little ponch on my gut is back and my legs now show 2 weeks of hair growth. Ahhhhhh gotta keep on top of that. The biggest part of bike racing is keeping up appearances.

I'm trying to get out to go camping but my lack of funds is preventing me from getting a decent tent. Maybe this pay cheque. I only have a few more weeks before it becomes too chilly to really be comfortable. But hey, that's probably what I need.

I had this big idea to put on a dirt road...road race as its too hard to have a long distance MTB race on the island with all the land issues, so I thought this would be a good compromise. Picture road racing in the 20's and that's what I was going for. Man, PEI has some crazy dirt road climbs. Some of the craziest I've ever seen. I did one lap of my proposed course loop and I was cooked. I need to set aside some time to organize this. CPEI is super stoked on it, so maybe we'll see a fall foliage PEI dirt race derby.

I woke up a little under the weather this morning, but I'm hoping Norm's farewell ride this afternoon will chase the demons out of my lungs.

1 comment:

suddenlyLISTEN said...

My farewell ride sure chased some demons out or into MY lungs! Whew.
It was great to turn pedals with you Ryan.