Thursday, March 12, 2009

Delicous Tacos


(I think these are Almond Trees?)

Back on the bike again. I only have 5 more hard days in a row before I get some time off to travel to California for the San Dimas Stage Race.

Yesterday was a pretty sweet 6 hour ride out to the Madera Hill again. This time I seemed to feel a little bit better. The scenery is so nice out there, the 20%+ grades not so much though.


(Up Madera)

(Down Madera)
I started going to a new cafe too. It was my fav from last year, and oh no the sweets are deadly. I think the coffee is better too. Life is good!
Its kinda a 'hipster' cafe so you get a good mix of University students, dirty hobos and crazy bike geeks. (oh yeah...all the hobos in the US migrate to Tucson during the winter). Everyone seems to be in a balance though with guys in buisness'casual' working on their Macs, and students with tattoos everywhere who havnt bathed in days with a fine layer of dessert dust on them ...ahh working on their macs.


(Crazy weird erosion)
Today was a pretty intense double day. Intervals in the AM, Intervals in the PM. I found a killer killer climb by the house. I didn't have the Garmin, but it felt pretty steep. The upper part of the climb is an access road for the UofA Biology class that switchbacks into a remote area on top of a small mountain. Its paved and I was in my 39x26 and I was having trouble getting up. Hoo man.

Ahhh another 5-6 hours tomorrow, then the Shootout!

No comments: