Sunday, June 28, 2009

5 Fingers


(Halloween last year)

Today is the Canadian Road Nationals. I had a pretty good race there last year, and honestly thinking about this day was what pulled me through the long lonely hours in Tucson. Unfortunatly I had different ideas of how it would go at the time. In the TT a couple days ago there were some surprises. Some guys road great, but in the end the big guy Svein took the win again. It was good to see, as he's had a tough year this year. Christian surprised everyone with a 2nd in the TT....those little legs have the power.

Anyone of my buddies on the island knows I've been having a tough 3 weeks. Whatever I have took hold in a bad way and I had a lot of trouble simply functioning for the past while. I became so weak and sick I had a hard time getting out of bed some days. Along with horrible stomach pain, difficulty breathing, incredible weakness and dizzy-ness, some days I felt like I was about to die.

For three weeks I felt this, going from doctor to doctor with no satisfying answers, and all negative blood tests. Then, it seems the sickness started to subside. I was strong enough to go for a walk one day, then went to the park with my friend and her little boy the next day. The day after that I went for a mountain bike ride, then yesterday I went for a road ride.

I'm feeling ok now. Some symptoms I've looked at as single possible things. A doctor suggested I have an ulcer, which I then started a med for I feel much better in that area, after a week on it. In another area I started an allergy medication, which seems to be helping the breathing problems quite a bit. As far as the crazy sickness, I think it may have been a long long bought with mono(It felt like the mono I had when I was younger, apparently you can get it again?).

Anyway, I think I'm starting to feel like my old self.


PS. I love this guy....he's like a bull! I read a forum about how Bert Grabsch hasn't really been heard of until last year when he won the World TT championships. Of course many people pointed to the dope, then one guy said...."Have you ever thought that maybe these are the guys who would win(Bert, Svein) normally if everyone else wasnt on dope" His chest is like an oil drum.

No comments: