Thursday, January 4, 2007

New Challenges

2007 brings a lot of new challenges for me this year. I'm tearing myself away from my beloved Single Speed to follow, once again the Canada Cup circuit, and hopefully bigger and better things. With a brand new sponsor(Opus Bikes), an old sponsor(Maxxis Tires), and 2 brand new bikes, I'm looking fore ward to living like a monk once again until October.
Its funny comparing this years goals to last years. My main goal for the 2006 season was to have fun, drink a lot and move to a new place to start a new life and to ride my bike. With the 2007 season here already in January, I'm looking to the National racing scene with the hope of having a building year, and getting some solid results. (ALL ABROAD A GEARED BIKE AS WELL!)
Going over the newly released schedule, I'm going to be hoping the country A LOT and probably going into debt hardcore.

Here is a look at what my plans are:

Spring:
BC once again, The lovely valley of Comox. Doing as many Island Cups as possible, and hopefully some BC Cup road races in the Spring. I want to see if I can get hooked up with the Pac-Sport Crew again for some camps.

April:
Heading back to The East Coast to see the family and riding some of the Atlantic Cups. Also, fine tuning the form for the upcoming Canada Cups in Quebec.

Canada Cup #1 Baie St. Paul, Quebec May 13th 2007
Canada Cup #2 Bromont Quebec, May 19th 2007
Canada Cup #3 Mont. Tremblant, Que, May 26th 2007

June:
From the end of May, there is a bit of a question mark. Nationals is on my home Turf of Mt. Washington, and I would love to do the Test of Metal again in Squamish because it is a great race and I had a lot of success there last year.

The Test of Metal: June 17th 2007,
Nationals: Mt. Washington BC, July 22nd 2007
Some more BC/Canada Cups at this time, but depends on my funds

In this time I would like to do be more based in BC and continually hit up the Island Cups and Marathon races. Either way it looks like a lot of time on the road.

2 comments:

Lacticulator said...

Yay Ryan -
Happy to see you are clearly focussed on a worthy goal for 2007 and out of that nasty single speed cult that damages so many young souls!

Enjoy your writing too.

Unknown said...

How dare you speak about my beloved single speed in such a way. Who is this and I will promptly feed you to my flock of roaming chickens. -Ryan