Monday, January 15, 2007

Training Partners


Like most Canadian cyclists, I usually look for some sort of cross training during the cold winter months to get away from the dreaded trainwhore. I find Trail running is a great way to whip you into shape, and re-kindle memories of warm summer days when the trail isn't covered with blasphemous snow.

Since I've been about sixteen, I've always had a secret way to roughly judge my fitness, no matter what the time of year. That being if I could run my dog into the ground over a 2 hour period of trail running.

Well after years of faithful service, and many miles of trail, I decided it was time to retire my current dog, Bobbi. Shes still sprightly, but not so much at the age of 15.

Bobbi

Bring on the Mean Machine.

I set my sights to my new training aid, that being Lola. My friends new, year old dog, who was literally made to run. The heart rate monitor doesn't lie.


"Pick up the pace fatty" -Lola

No comments: