Wednesday, December 24, 2008


Big things are happening folks. The Land Rover-Orbea team just signed a partnership/advertising deal with Bicycling magazine, the most widley read bike mag in North America. The details are kinda foggy to me right now, but the gist is that the team, along with yours truly might be featured in Bicycling magazine this year. Apparently the team is going to be followed throughout the season so readers can get a feel for the lifestyle of a bunch of poor bike racers in the US. Neato. Apparently I might get my own sport card....

Christmas is here. As I've been travelling more and more the past few years, and the idea of Christmas has changed for me. Most of the year I'm thousands of miles away from my roots here on old PEI, and the only way I can communicate with everyone is through this little electronic box.
Sure, when I get back to PEI in the fall, I usually see everyone, but as life gets busier and busier I(as most people do) slip into the lifestyle of not seeing family often, even though they are mere miles away. Christmas is the time where I realize I will soon be leaving again, and through the holiday, I'm given the opportunity to simply do nothing and hang out with these people. Its always a good reminder of where a person comes from, and for me, stabilises where I want to go in the upcoming year.

Of course with the holidays comes the New Years Day ride, which I've been doing for a good 6-7 years now. Honestly, I cant imagine a better way to break in the New Year than freezing my ass off riding a bike dressed in every piece of clothing I own while still drunk from the night before.


Of course the Potluck after is the best part of the event, as there is enough great food to kill a horse, and I get a chance to chat with the great cycling community on PEI.





With Christmas also comes time on the trainer....terrible terrible. When it gets cold, its time to head to the dessert.

No comments: