Wednesday, December 31, 2008



With Christmas over and New Years approaching I can now see the time inwhich I'll head to the dessert. All of my training now I feel is mostly maintenance until I can put in the big miles In Tucson. The gym is going well, I've been able to squat way more than I ever have before, with more reps and more sets. In other words my gym routine is better than ever. The trick is to keep the muscle bulk down.

The new training plan called for a good 3-4 hours of LSD. Rather than spending the numbing time on the trainer I decided to go for a speed hike. Well, you can tell your rusty when you go out for a 3 hour speed hike and forget food and water. No matter, I thought to myself and soldiered on. After about 2.5 hours I was getting pretty darn shaky and dark was approaching so I stumbled back to the car out of the woods practically passing out. Falling asleep on the drive home was a real threat, despite being 6pm.


The next day I had a few intervals to do up quickly on the trainer. They went great, and it was the first time I felt ...good....on the bike this year. As I unclipped from the couple hours hard, I noticed my leg was a little weak. It was then that I realized I was bonking again......this was a bad one. In the winter you dont realize where your fitness is, and seeing as how I was in the basement I didn't really bother eating food, since breakfast.
Anyway, so I hit the wall pretty hard and stumbled upstairs to drink a quick recovery shake and pass out on the couch. I did have to reload in order to dance later that night.

1 comment:

CSD said...

Hitting it hard on NYE; we're expecting big things! Congrats on the new team - sounds pretty big time!