Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cold Fingers



The snow is coming and going here on old PEI. Things are starting to happen, some faster than others. I've mainly been trying to make some money at the construction job, but the days that are suitable to work have been few and far between lately.

I've been spending a lot of time getting the sponsorship proposals out in the open. Some places look promising, but others do not. The economic woes of the past few weeks arent making things easy, that's for sure.

I've been going to the gym since November and its starting to drive me crazy. I feel like a rat in a cage there, but at the same time I only do it for a few months of the year and it seems to do some good, so stick it out. I think if Freud were alive he would love the gym. So many contradictions of human nature. That place is so primal, but at the same time has such an influence of societies culture. Remember, don't sweat to much, people are watching.

Its trainer season again folks! I've been setting up my little station in the basement, and its been going ok. My stash of movies is getting a good workout. Its crazy how much time one spends going no where at great expense with much pain.



I've been looking to buy the domain name either the thefinegrind.com or ryantaylor.com, but it turns out Ryan Taylor is also a model, a opera singer and a professional soccer player. Getting that set up is another project on the go. I heard some pretty big news that will effect the fine grind....fingers crossed it will work out.



I decided to skip the trainer workout and go for a solid hike with the lady friend today. It was good to get out to the mountain bike trails after the snow had fallen, and I think I'm going to try to make a habit of snowshoeing this year. It might keep me from going insane. The weather has been so crazy lately I might be riding one week and snowshoeing in powder the next.

No comments: