Sunday, December 7, 2008

....


Bruce convinced me to hop on the mountain bike for the first time since the Eligin 80. When I went to get the trusty MTB steed I noticed it still had the mud and the the flat I received in
Eligin, so I pulled out the old SS. Probably my favorite bike of all time anyway.


The chilly day proved to be refreshing for these lungs, as we pushed onward to both sides of the legendary Appin road. A mixture of land issues and being plain lazy left me only riding that trail a couple times this year, but it still holds a place in my heart.



To my surprise there had been quite a few new pieces added to the trail to link it all together and we ended up with a good 3 hour MTB ride, an hour of it being chatting though. This time of year, that's what I'm all about anyway.

While I was riding the quality last downhill, my mind drifted to thoughts of Quadeloupe. When staying overnight in the hospital there, I watched the paint peel from the walls and couldn't sleep from the drunken homeless Rastafarian who wouldn't stop screaming all night. I found that my mind drifted to the Appin Road decent. I thought to myself, ..'man after I make it out of this mess, I'm going to savor that damn trail.' Finally after a few months, I was able to enjoy its flow.

No comments: