Friday, February 6, 2009

Two More


Life is moving along.
Its turns out I mismatched the numbers wrong when figuring out the price of the right-hand-turn-ticket, and it is actually $290American. This thing is a nightmare hanging over my head. I called a friendly from the league of American Bicyclists, and she said she might get the court to wave the ticket if I take a 9 hour bicycle safely class. She said she needed a hand teaching the class as well. The other option is to pay $200 for a drivers safety class. Hmmmm.

Its funny because everyone I talk to seems to think the ticket is the most outrageous thing ever. The woman at the League of American Bicyclists was told about it and never heard of anything so ridiculous.

I called the court today to try to move the court date up, as I might be in California, and I gave her a briefing of what the ticket was about and she thought it was the most ridiculous thing in the history of man as well. It seem everyone does but the cop who issued it.

Moving on......


Riding has been going pretty good. the weather has been great in the low-eighties. I got 4.5 hours of Tuesday super chill, then I changed the pace and went out with an older group of great guys for a good 3 hours on Wednesday. The conversation was great, and the coffee shop run was a relaxer. We counted the amount of people at the table and between Pro cyclists, and snowbirds there were more Canadians than Americans. Hah



Thursday was an INSANE ride. I went out with one of Chloe's friends, Nick, who is heading off to Belgium in a few weeks. We did a pretty good out and back to the town of Mammoth, which has a killer climb. By the end of the day we had 170km in just over 5 hours, with over 1800m of climbing. I was pretty cooked, but luckily today is a rest day and a quick cruse to the coffee shop to loosen up the legs is in order.
(The old HR moniter had a blip on the decent I think)

2 comments:

Katie said...

That's over $300 Canadian! Ludacris! I wonder if that cop got his lunch money stolen on a right-hand corner intersection everyday before school... what a loser.

Katie said...

Haha.... I didn't notice before... it says "Speed Hump" haha