Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spell check doesnt work in France

The weather has taken a turn for the worse. The balmy 10degree temps I had when I got here have long since gone. The temps are in the negatives and yesterday I did intervals in Francks garage on the trainer. It was my first real set of intervals and they felt ok...not great and the last two I died on but again, thats to be expected.

I was suppose to go for a ride this morning with a teamamte but awoke to a good 2cm of snow on the ground that had fallen overnight. Button down the hatches, warm up the Diesel for 20 mins, put on your snowsuits as its mass chaos in France. I really dont feel like riding the trainer again today, especially when I have to ride to Francks to go on it.

I set up the SRM fully yesterday. Talk about a nightmare. Imagine setting up 2 of the most finicky bike computer of your life, where the tolorances are 1-2mm on a frame that is so 'new' it was never designed to work with in the first place. There were many brackets and modifications to be had. Just to get the SRM from the box onto the bike took about 6 hours total.

Not only that, the software isnt the most user friendly. With the Garmins I found I could DL it and figure it out as I went, but with the SRM I'm constantly looking at the manual to figure out what I'm doing wrong. On top of that there is so many odd numbers and settings it puts out, once you have it figured out another setting and number jumps out at you that doesnt make any sence. Ahh well at least I look like I know what I'm doing.

I picked up a new coffee maker at the Supermarche the other day. Its funny, In Canada, land of the decent coffee, its hard to find a good coffee maker. I had to go to a specialty store to find the one I had. In France, land of the terrible coffee(from what I've seen) you can find a good coffee maker for 10 euro at the grocery store. Makes sence I guess.
Man I complain a lot.

1 comment:

eric said...

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT YOU COMPLAIN A LOT. HAVE FUN DEAR