Sunday, February 14, 2010

Moi en France


I managed to hop on the rig both Saturday and Sunday after a good trainer session on Fri. The weather still didnt co-opegrate, but we faced it anyway. Saturday was a nice 2degrees, and Sunday was a very cold -10 for the start of the 9am Sunday morning ride.


I dressed in most of the winter gear I had, and I wasnt freezing, but I was not comfortable thats for sure. Being the Canadian in the group there was no way I could skip out on the cold ride. I told everyone this day was like a nice summer day in Canada. Luckily working construction taught me a couple good tricks to keeping warm on the cold days.

We did a good 100km each day. The legs feel like their comming around, but its hard to tell when its that cold. I had to make sure I had high RPMs as the legs felt like sludge if I dropped below 90.

Some of the roads are still covered in snow, which causes mass panic in France. I had to work on the cross skills and managed to fall once, no harm done though.


Bofore most rides it seems the people get together and have a french coffee. Which is of course fake coffee. Its nice to chill out before the ride.


Couple more bizzare to me facts about France:

-The doors ALWAYs swing into the building. I dont think I've encountered one that opens out.

-The Milk doesnt have a fat percentage on it, and is kept in the isle of the grocery store un-chilled. Pops told me they might kill the bacteria with UV light.

-Your plug adapter for France will work on some houses, but not others, depending when the house was made.

-No one puts milk in their coffee. I put some in mine one day and people saw, now I`m the talk of the town.

Tomorrow, a coissont, and rest.

No comments: