Saturday, February 27, 2010

up in the air

The first race of the year is tomorrow. A nice jaunt of 120km. Im nervous but at the same time Im not, as I have no idea what to expect. The legs felt good during quick training ride yesterday so that gives me a bit of confidence. With all the terrible weather I havent been able to get out for a lot of solo rides over 120km. Because of that, I notice I fade after the 80km mark. My game plan for tomorrow is to sit in and concerve until the final part of the race then if I feel good try to get into a break or something. First race of the year is always a gong show.

In europe they say each country has its own style of racing. Ive heard this from many people. In France they say its just attacks. Right from the gun. The whole race is attacking. Team-mates attacking team-mates who are int the break. Attack after counter attack. Simply put, fast hard racing and mass chaos.

It remains to be seen.


I went to the local big-box sport store the other day looking for a Wilson Volly Ball to make a "Wilson" friend. I just wanted someone to talk English to, like out of like on the movie "Cast Away." I even found some sweet straw in the garage for it. Unfortunatley I couldnt find a Volly-ball. I guess it isnt a big sport in France.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

geeze Ryan - you don't need Wilson - you've got Stuee for company now!