Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Chilly Willy



The past few days have been rough for me. If the old saying "you create you own good luck" is true, then I should invest everything I own into a good luck factory, cause man I'm in rough shape.

Today's ride on the best New Hampshire has to offer was interesting. It literally downpoured as much rain as the sky could muster all day...especially during the ride. It was much like most Quebec Canada Cups oddly enough. The trail was like riding on glass and with all the exposed rock, it was simply hold onto the bar for dear life.

10 minutes into the ride I managed to rip the fuck out of my shorts. After a few trail passes something had to be done as I couldn't deal with the fella flopping around as it was out in the open, so I manged to rig up a solution with some zip-ties to finish up the ride.

The worst is that this problem seems to happen to me a lot, where it doesn't seem to happen to others at all. Despite the weather and the clothing problems, the boys and I pulled out a good 2 hours of solid trail. Tomorrow we head up North again to visit Quebec. New Hampshire was great, we met some solid friends and rode some gnarly trail. I would love to come down again in the fall where the beers will flow a little more liberally out of race season.