Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Shuffle




Never again will I catch a red eye and skip 4 times zones. Holy Crap. Its hard to get a nap in your own 1.5 feet of coffin like sitting room when you can see the sun rise over Toronto and its 2 am your time. Talk about messed up.

You know you fly a lot when the pilot tells you over the loudspeaker that your next gate is 11o in Toronto and you know where it is before getting off the plane, and where the best deals for food and coffee are. I realized I knew the place too well when I went to a specific mag shop because they always had the newest selection of bike mags compared to the other stands in the airport. I need a break. At least I didn't get arrested this time.


After a firm 3 hours sleep in my own bed(which smelled like hotel sheets) I awoke to the phone ringing. It was Eric of course(best bud) wanting me to help him move a couch to the dump that was covered in cat piss. Some things never change. It all went well and the old crew ended up at the Cougars Den for some hardy meals with a little old time milkshakes afterword. It was good to see all the boys again.

(the fellas at Single Speed Worlds 05)
I just woke up after 12 hours of solid sleep. The most I've gotten over 3 days and realized the day is all ready half over. Damn time changes. I'm going to skip the scheduled ride today and recoup a little bit more as 12 hours of straight sleep is a sign of being tired in my books. So the ride today is a mellow spin down to the coffee shop on the much missed fixxie.


No rest for the wicked as I'm back on the road for the weekend to Fredericton for a Stage race, then back home for a couple of days before heading to Quebec. Bring on the Red Bull.

No comments: