Saturday, May 19, 2007

Uphill Battles

It was a rough day of racing today. I managed to pull out a 40th place in Elite, which is pretty horrible. I was aiming for a top 20, so 40th is a major bummer. The field was HUGE, 84 starters, which is the biggest Canada Cup I've ever raced. I cant seem to find my legs on these Quebec courses for some reason. I'm the lightest I've ever been, had some great rides this week, and went into the race with a great mindset, but for some reason the legs didn't show up with me.

The start was a nightmare too, out of 84 guys I was about 75th on the start line, so in that respect passing about half the field isn't too bad. The key now is getting everything together and racing hard at Mt. Tremblant next week. One more race to go before we head back to the old country.

The boys did pretty well today, Matt keeping with constancy pulled out an 8th, and Danny boy from the Yukon was content with a 20th. We had a weigh in last week after a ride and the boys fought it out but Dan came in the winner at 134Ibs, Matt a close second at 135Ibs. And I came in a far 3rd at 165. I'm still waiting for the thigh measurement competition.

Again, more stories from rural Quebec. We're in a nice house that we managed to score until Thursday. There are 10 people in it, 9 from the Maritimes, and Dan, who is out of the club. Of course being in the middle of no-where Internet signals are hard to come by so we've been hanging out the local BMX track stealing the signal that's available there. The police have been stopping by every so often to see what we're up to, no arrests yet. Tremblant should be better on the update side of things.

No comments: