Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Living the Bum Life



OK, fourth attempt of posting.


Bad luck at the Canada Cup last weekend at Baie St. Paul. The Elite group had about 50 guys and we all went hard off the line. About 15 minutes into the race while the pack was still mainly together, a guy came out of no where and locked bars with me. Before I knew it I was on the ground, and in less than a second the rig went from working perfect to:

-Twisted Bars
-Bent ft. wheel
-Bent ft. Rotor
-Broken left bar-end
-Bent water bottle cage
-Bent Derailer hanger
-RIPPED the cable/hosing from my fork lockout.

I got up to realized my knees which had just healed also took another bad beating. I tired to twist the bars back but they were too tight, so I kept riding with them bent. I caught back up to the pack and tried to work my way back up, but going onto the 3rd lap I pulled out because of the knees/bike problems/and frustration. Bromont will be better.

On the other hand Hadley pulled out a 5th place, that guy has some legs.


We left Quebec yesterday, and crossed the boarder and are now in New Hampshire living in a little town called Plymouth. The place rocks. We just got back from a solid ride just over 3 hours with ALLLLLL single track. It was no slouch pace though, and we were exposed to some amazing views. The town is very small and very cool. It has a great bike shop, unreal trails, and the girls at the grocery store pretty much jumped all 3 of us last night. Not too bad after some time on the road.


Which reminds me. We picked up a new kid. Daniel Sessford from the Yukon. Hes also on the same Canada Cup Campaign as we are. Despite his cold hometown, the fella is quick and has pulled out a 3rd at Canada Games MTB before.

Another tough day is planned for tomorrow, not as long as today, but Ben(guy were staying with) promises it will be intense. Then on Thursday we head up to Quebec once again for Canada Cup #2 in Bromont this weekend. Going back to land of the long tough climbs.

No comments: