Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Hobo Sock Special



I booked my plane tickets last night heading in Cumberland direction. Its funny because I'm still living out of bags I haven't unpacked from the last trip to Quebec.

I can remember when I was young and on the road with Matt Hadley, I was always amazed at how chill he was about travelling. That guy would find one way to where-ever, not having anywhere to stay, not having a way home, not much money and no set plan. It drove me crazy, he just had confidence it would work out somehow. Now, after this past year I've adopted the same mindset. I don't have a solid place to stay, only $200 bones in the bank, and no job waiting for me. I guess there is no point in stressing over it, those things will work themselves out and are part of the adventure. Honestly, I'm thinking I will end up camping most of the time in someones yard. My secret plan is to buy everything I need at Wal-Mart, then return it after a month of use before I leave for PEI again. I've heard of worse things happening.

Last night after I booked my tickets I was rushing around, looking for food to eat as I was going on a ride that i was already late for. I was grabbing all my stuff and freaking out and making things hard for myself. I had a sudden realization like that guy in the movie Office Space. Suddenly I realized I was the most stressed out 20 year old I know. I took a step back and though about the past few weeks and realized that they were solid stress. Between working, riding, future plans, and life in general I was being a major jackass.

So, I thought, fuck the ride, I'm not going to make it and it was only a recovery ride anyway. No big deal. I took off the chamois, and all my stuff. Sat down at the table and made a killer dinner. Then I went for a solid fixxie ride downtown. Enough to make it a sweet mind clear/recovery ride. The mood is good!


At the end of the 'ol spin, I met some buds at the pub and had a beer on the deck and shot the shit while the sun went down. It was the most chill time I've had in weeks and wiped the slate clean in preparation for the hectic weeks ahead. Solid.

1 comment:

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.