Friday, July 27, 2007

Thinking of You




















So Yeah, Roughest race EVER!

Long day of sitting and waiting around on planes all day long. NO exciting adventures or mishaps really, except Air Canada lowered their max weight for bike boxes, so I had to scramble to disperse 20 pounds around a few bags. Its all ended up good though.

The Air Canada lady at the counter forgot to charge me so I made a quick get-away from the desk thinking I had outsmarted them suckers, but alas, they stopped me in Montreal and made me hand over the fifty bones. Nice guys finish last, hah.

So, about more about the shuffling of bike parts. I ended up carrying my Mavic MTB wheels as a carry on because I was over the weight limit. So, I show up at the scanner, and the guy is wondering why I'm taking a satellite dish with me(they were in wheel bags) and I say they're bike wheels. "Ohh" he says. I quickly respond saying " yeah, It was pretty tight in there." Its then that he snaps back with his head down....."that's what she said at the picnic."

I kinda grinned and asked him what he said again, and he put his head up looked me in the eye with the same grin and asked me if he could open up the wheel bag to take a look.

No comments: