Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fixxie Fun



Today is one of the last days where I can enjoy the beauty of the green isle. Flight is on Tuesday morning(I think) and I can feel the hectic rush approaching. I'd like to think I'm a pro at packing seeing as how I do it so often, but there is always the one thing that you may have forgotten in the back of your mind.



Last night I had a dream that when I left I forgot my entire shaving kit. The key piece being, contact lenses and solution. Anyone who has terrible eyes like me knows that if you don't have contacts, your in a tough spot. No contacts, no seeing, no riding, no working.

Sitting here I just had the realization that I'll be racing the BC provincial championships in a week. Yeesh that's soon. The knowledge of that is kind of creepy seeing how I don't know how the legs will fare up. I've been riding a ton...but not with anyone, so its hard get an idea if your fast or not when you don't have anyone to compare to. We'll see what happens this week.


I manged to skip out on my last day at work early at Smooth Cycle thanks to Robert Wicky, and used that time to sneak in a solid fixxie ride. There is no escaping the fixxie. Its like a roller coaster, all you do is pedal, and your along for the ride. The past few days have been super nice on PEI and it was good to re-connect with the old training routs that I haven't seen in years.



Which brings me to the secret death plan of 2007. The reason I booked my flight home for the 27th was so hopefully I can ride in the tip to tip/biking for breakfast challenge. Its a 300km-ish ride from one end of the island to the other. I'd like to attempt the long haul on the fixxie. We'll see how the legs like the 46x14

.

No comments: