Tuesday, July 10, 2007

When Bees Attack



Whoooo, lots going on. I really need to update this thing more often. I'm now in Cumberland once again, bumming a room from my buddy Manus who is away, and sharing the house with his lovely wife Mary Anne. Life is busy as I've fallen into the full time work schedule.

As soon as I jumped off the plane Andrew B and I headed to Mission, just outside of Vancouver for BC provincials. I thought I would bring out the secret weapon for the race, which would help me battle the 30 degree heat, and shake some heads at the same time.


The course was bomber. Probably the best BC race I've ever done. Looooooong fire road climb, where I dusted off gears I've only gone in a couple time this year. The then ripped into the most buttery, flowy single track I've ever ridden. Nice.

The race went well, I was running as high as 5th, but mainly stayed in 6th until the last 10 minutes where my back totally cramped on me, and I lost a tonne of time on the last sections of trail. Drew Mac, took opportunity and I came in at 7th in Elite, 2nd in U23. The race was tight as 3rd place was only 2:30 ahead of me. I also realized after I was the only one riding a hardtail in the Elite pack.

Andrew B was on fire, and pulled out a second in Masters. Every time that guy gets down on himself he whips out the big result.


Life is good and I've fallen back into my mountain town lifestyle. I've been working a lot, and riding a bit as I'm fighting off some strep throat at the moment, but today I was able to suffer through it and take 2nd in a road race in Naniamo. Not too shabby when some of the big guns from Victoria on Pro teams showed. Balla.

Nationals in a couple weeks and hopefully I can fend off the sickness long enough to get a good set of legs. I can feel how worn out my body is getting. A tonne of travel, a lot of racing, and a lot of riding. After Nats I'll be looking fore ward to switching to bonfire and drinking mode. Bring on the milkshakes and single speeds.

No comments: