Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yeah..Its wing night!


After a nice balmy 8 degrees last week, snow has fallen on PEI again. During the former nice weather, I didnt ride outside though much of the other fellow cyclists in the Martimies did, heck, I didnt even ride the trainer yet this year. But I do have a secret weapon for the bad weather/trainer occasion. Le Winter Bike Exremeo. Totoal cost...$180.






In other news, I booked my plane tickets to Arizona yesterday. Yee haw. I decided to escape the cold of PEI, and the rain of BC, and try something different. Thanks Buck! Who knew its only $239 from C-Town? I'm I really excited to try something new for next year. From there its (maybe) up to BC. I'll find oout more on that in the next few days. The main thing is that after a few months of trying to piece a season together from nothing. Form is starting to take shape.



Although I havent been on the mind killing trainer yet this year. I've been running like a mo-fo. More than I ever have years past. I like the whole cross training thing. Sports I have been doing other than riding a bike are.....Hockey(with some advice from TT), running, snowshoesing, hiking, lots of gym work, and of course the odd bit of high intensity dancing.





The gym is a big part of the cyclists off season and come mid November, I'm usually pretty excited to try something different. I think the main thing is that going to the gym is a much more social form of training than spending long hours on the bike alone. The funny part is that I usually have my IPod on and dont talk to anyone. Nor do they talk to me. But at least I can give the non-schelaunt head nod to people I know. I think I'm going to buy some stock in Lululemon.

No comments: