Friday, April 9, 2010

In for the long haul


Race again this weekend. I feel better going into the race this week compared to last. We've had some great rides this week and the household is very positive.


(Ben crashed last weekend)

As mentioned Im living with team-mate Benoit, a 24 year old Butcher and Zack Garland from Newfoundland. Honestly this has probably been the best living situation Ive ever been in for cycling. Every night we usually make dinner together, we share all of our food, and cleaning duties seem to get done without anything said.


(Thats a load-bearing poster)

We all seem to have differant strengths in the kitchen and the meals have all been great. On top of that becuase Ben is a butcher meat is cheeeeeap!

Ive been thinking about the Biking for Breakfast Challenge on PEI this summer. I've never done it, but Id love to on the Bartali. Hopefully I can get that rig rolling by then. I would hope to do it on that old bike, along with a vintage jersey I bought here in France. It would be sweet to rock out for the 300km in full vintage style. Ideally Id like to do it only with red wine to drink, and a baguette strapped to the top-tube for food.

Ive slowly been buying and stealing momentos from France. Ricard is a harsh drink everyone seems to be in love with here. I enjoy it the odd time, but only the odd time.


I obtained the ashtray with the intention of somehow strapping it to my handlebars for the BFBC to have the odd cigar during the ride.

1 comment:

eric said...

i'm with you on the vintage ride tip to tip. it took me 14 hors two years ago in the pooring rain with head wind. we'll try and do it in 11 this year on heavy steel bikes with beer and wine. cant wait!!!!!