Tuesday, April 6, 2010


(pre race meal, always)

The race went terrible. From the gun the pace was hot. We went into a serious climb and the pack split and split again. It was intense. Like war I tell ya. I found myself on the wrong side of the split and as we crested the climb I made a break for it to get into the break, or the remnants of the pack. On the decent I went as hard and as aero as I could. I got about 3seconds to the pack, so close I could feel it, but it was then that they pulled away.

(hurting a few races ago)
I dnf'd the race. Mostly becuase I was disgusted and embarassed. Its tough to explain but I was just fed up with everything. I didnt want to do the remaining 100km with the groupetto and I was just basically annoyed with myself for poor position and not anticipating the hard attack off the line.

Zack rode well getting a 15th place and Guillome netted the win. That guy oozes talent. I could see it from the first training camp.

That means today was a riding day. We went out for a good 3 hours with some good punches thrown in. It was the first nice day this year I think. The temps hovered around 20, and I could ride with bare legs. This alone was enough to make it a great day. Its one thing to have fun training, but its another to have fun riding. Today was a riding day.

I usually take a Vitamin D suppliment everyday(from the sun) to improve my mood, but a little pill would have to work pretty hard to make you happy after a 4 hour ride in the rain and hail. Its pretty sweet to feel the sun on your skin after being hidden for the better part of 6 months.

No comments: