Sunday, April 4, 2010

Life is getting back to normal here in France. I race today for the first time in about 2 weeks so it will be hit or miss I think. The past few rides have gone pretty well but I found myself really tired yesterday.



As I am half way through my stay here in France I moved into a new place with a team mate. Im now in Chez Benoit with fellow Maritimer Zack Garland. Its great to have another Canadian around and someone to speak english with. This place is feeling good and Ben, Zack and I have been sharing cooking, washing and cleaning duties pretty well.



Its hard to believe that im half-way through my stay here. Im not going to lie I miss the Red Dirt. I use to crave the instability in my life that travelling brings. The feeling of always being on edge and that new things are around the corner. I find my mind has been wanting the stability of old PEI. Im still loving racing, but there are definitley hard days here in France, both on the bike and in the mind. Its tough to explain to anyone who hasnt lived this life, but at the same time it needs no explination to someone who has.

The boys and I watched Flanders on the TV!!! yesterday. France TV 4 had a good 2.5 hours of it and we had bets for 10 beers who would win. Of course I bet on Cancellara and won....either way I was comming up on top as Im the only one who drinks! hah.

With that Im off to the races!

No comments: