Sunday, February 25, 2007

Getting my Rod and Reel



Andrew and I just arrived home from a very inclamite bicycle ride. Its been quite hostile in the Valley the past few days with pounding rains and about 50km hour winds. Never the less, we manged to ride to the local Tim's to pick up with the Sunday group ride. Only one other guy was waiting and we proceeded to push through the weather. After about a half hour of riding at an angle against the winds and rain, we decided to pack it in. I'll be the first to admit I'm not SuperMan, and seeing how its only February I would rather be able to ride constantly next week, than pound in a 3 hour ride, get sick, and not want to ride at all next month.

Many days last year when it was pouring rain I decided against riding only to hang out at the local cafe reading bike mags and killing my body with hot coffee. I would still consider last year being one of my better seasons, not because I was necessarily super fast, but because I was still riding tonnes in August/September. I think with days like these, its not only healthier physically to stay in, but mentally as well.

No comments: