Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Going to the Show

I just got word that my new Opus Mountain Bike should be showing up within the next week. I'm very stoked to say the least. The road has been getting pretty boring around the valley, and its in the woods where the area really shines. When I was living in Cumberland(20 minutes from where I am now) on any given day I could ride from my back porch, and be in solid BC trail within 33.8 seconds.......in 3 different directions leaving the town. What else is crazy about this area is that while on that trail, you can easily ride for up to 8-10 hour straight, riding nothing but buttery single track, and not ride the same trail twice. Deadly

In preparation, I have collected a few goodies for the new cycette. The main thing is that I got my hands on a Ritchey WCS MTB stem. Now, this is important because Ritchey isn't making many of them anymore.....changing to newer fancy pants models.....so I had to get 2....just in case I can't get them ever again!

Also, other goodies include the newly released Mavic SLR wheels, complimented with the very shiny SPANKING new XTR crank. Shield your eyes folks...cause its shiny business.

Along with the bike comes my badly needed OPUS clothing for the year(thanks guys!), I all ready got many miles into my new helmet from Bell, but nothing is like a new pair of bibs.


Of course no new bike can be without $40 GOLD headset spacers from Chris King. Deadly

No comments: