Thursday, March 1, 2007

What Would J Cash Do?


Today's ride was freezing. 2 degrees. It was like being in the Maritimes all over again. When I left Courtenay, I decided to go south down the island and as I got further and further it got colder and colder....Holy Crap. By the end of the ride I was in slush. My gloves, which were wet, also managed to freeze to my handlebar as well.

On the other side of things, My body has been changing back into a cyclist's body. A month ago I was a pretty fit, average build 20 year old, with a slight beer gut, but with all the road riding it means that my upper body gets wasted and slowly starts to strip down to that of a 14 year old boy. I also find I get weak as a kitten. One time a few years ago in the peak of the summer, me and my girlfriend at the time went bowling. I was so weak that after a couple games I had to get her to finish my turns because I just didn't have the strength to throw the ball down the isle. I was pooched.

The better you are at cycling(not that I'm Lance) the worst you are at everything else. Back to buying my shirts in the youth section at Wal-Mart.

No comments: