Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Sprall




I got my first steady ride on the new Opus today(short term review later). I headed toward my favorite 3+ hour loop in Cumberland. I use to ride it a couple times a week when I lived there and its the perfect mix of flow and tech with just a little bit of spice.

I was riding on the logging road before the trailhead when a goddammed logging truck sped out and nearly got me. Pretty surprised I kept pedalling and when I rounded the bend, the woods opened up and the entire trail had been clear cut. Holy Crap. I shed a single tear and looked for where the trail would start up again, but it was ALL gone. After a few minutes of exploring I turned back and rode to a different trail. At least the rugged beauty of Cumberland will look more like skankhole suburban Ontario now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan!! Nice feature in The Guardian today!