Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Risky Buisness


Anyone who really knows me, knows that I have weird tendencies. Most seem to defy logic, but make sense to me at the time. I realized one while I was in the shower after the ride I mentioned in the previous post.

I was thinking about what to make for dinner, and I settled on chicken. I had a miniature panic attack when I realized that one of the two cast iron frying pans was dirty. This means of course I would have to cook with Teflon. Holy Crap. I thought to myself. Teflon. I will shurley be slowly poisoned.

It was here that I stopped myself and put things into perspective. I had just ridden a bicycle for 3 hours, some on busy highway, others on abandoned logging roads in some of the most remote areas of Van Isle, which hold the highest population of Black Bear/Cougar/Mountain Lion in Canada. Alone no less. I also road on a trail over ladder bridges 15 feet over jagged rocks the size of a car that were slick as ice on a cross country bike.......all on a trail called Bucket of Blood.
Suddenly, I realized I might be able to deal with Teflon.

No comments: