Sunday, February 25, 2007

Loose and Limber


(Dont mess with the locals)

I started my first shift at Blacks Cycle yesterday. It went well, and I felt I earned my keep. As mentioned before it feels good to be turning wrenches again,and working in a bike shop atmosphere. There isn't many places I would rather work. The vibe at that place isn't as "fun" as other shops, but is more down to business. Its different, but not bad. Either way its good to have some cash flow again.

Its refreshing to be working in BC again. I dropped off 6 resumes and got 3 calls back a couple days later, all offering me jobs, and all within a 2-15 minute bike commute away. Not to mention a wage that a person can actually live off of without starving. On PEI your job opportunities are minimum wage or $7.15, no matter what training or skills you have. I wonder why people leave the Maritimes?

No comments: