Wednesday, May 14, 2008

friction free



I've run out of BagBalm. I went on stint this spring where I didn't use it...just for experiment sake, but it yielded bad results. If I've been using it this long, there is a reason.

Andrew Brown experimented without the coveted chamois lube last year, and as hard as he tried, I heard the complaints during and after the rides.

I don't understand how some people don't use champois cream. I think its because they have never actually tried it in their life and therefore don't know the joys of friction free loins. I've come to the conclusion with this SLR saddle on the TT bike, it will have to be even more of a staple.

I have the 'Chamois Butt'r' and I've tried it on a a few rides, but it just isn't the same as Bag Balm...just not as good. Its water based instead of oil, which means it washes out of clothes and stuff, but its just not as reliable as the oil based Bag Balm. Not to mention Bag Balm is also ani-septic which is good for the hot days, or days where you have to sit around in gross bike shorts.


Last week I borrowed a bit of Gordon's Assos Chamois cream, which is about $25 for a thimble full. It gave the sweet cooling sensation of ..mint or something(no joke). It was really good but, bang for the buck, the Bag is still king.

The problem I'm faced with now is that I have to find an agricultural store in the mass of concrete that is Vancouver. This is a problem.

1 comment:

Bob Shimdt said...

Hey Ryan, its Nick from the comox valley. Andrew got me hooked on the balm too. Nothing can compare to the Balm.