Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In Between


I managed to build up the new Opus the day before the race last weekend. I got a smaller frame and trying to mess with the new angles is kind of a nightmare, even though it the same bike. On my test ride I got pains in the front of my knees being a shorter cockpit, then upon getting a layback seatpost I got pains in the back of my knees.....change is bad.

The race last weekend was horrible. We had a team get-together the night before and something disagreed with a couple of the guys stomachs(myself included) and it seemed to take effect in the form of odd stomach cramps. Either way throw in some heat stroke and you get a recipe for dry heaving on the side of the course. Motivation for that race for me was low as well.

The weather has been great the past few days! I'm going to try to get in a MTB ride in tomorrow morning as the brain needs to get into the woods. Luckily Nels Guloien lives in Port Moody. Hes like the Ned Overand of Vancouver and seems to have some solid knowledge of the hidden trail loops around this jungle.

(Cipo..what were you thinking?)

With that I'm off. Time to hit up the motor pacing session.

No comments: