Tuesday, June 3, 2008


My life really isn't that interesting. I don't know why I have a blog. Honestly the most exciting thing that will probably happen to me today is that I had eggs instead of Oatmeal for breakfast. 3rd time I've had eggs since January. Exciting huh?

Its raining again, which means the weekly Vancouver Crit will most likely be cancelled. Right now I'm trying to decide if i want to go out for a mountain bike ride or just sit on the couch and read the new book before work. Decisions Decisions.

BC Provincial Championships were last weekend and a full crew of Symmetrics guys were there including current National Champ Cam, Strong man Svein Tuft, and Christian(U23 Nat champ)

They showed the difference between a good Bc Team, and being the highest ranked team in NA. The Symmetrics boys took all top 5 spots.

I knew Sven would go like 3rd or 4th lap. So sure enough they launched the attacks then. I got in 1...got pulled back...then another..got pulled back...then another attack 15 seconds later got pulled back.

By this time I was pretty cooked trying to follow Svein Tuft around, the difference is that both he and Cam attacked about 10 times in 5 km. Nothing seemed to stick.

When the hill came I was pretty winded and found myself in the 30's. It was then that another attack went down and I was too into the reserves to go with them, I was just holding on.

SO that was the race. They built up 5 minute gap. Most of the pack dropped off and only about 35 guys finished( of about 100? I'd say).

During the finial run into the finish line I nearly had 2 heart attacks as going into the 3rd-last corner Mr. Scott slid out on some gravel ahead of me going 50ish...he slid for about 5 inches but kept it up. Whoa, flashbacks of 2 weeks ago.

Then in the final 50m I was behind a GlottMan-Simpson guy, and we were going at it for the line when BAM his pedal came out at like 50km....another heart attack.

By this time I was ready for the finish and rolled in about 26th I think. Nothing great, but it was a tough race.
So not much to report. The team did well as our man Boris took 2nd in the Junior pack, and Sebastian was the only Cad 3 to finish in the main group of the Elites. He got his upgrade since dominating every race since February. Right-O.

No comments: