Thursday, June 12, 2008

In the Sack


I'm falling into the bike racer lifestyle of not training a whole lot. It takes time to recover form back to back hard races on the weekend, then you can only squeeze in a couple good training days before travelling to the next race. Its crazy just how much a mountain bike race takes out of you compared to a roadie race.

The rain has continued to pour here in BC and I found myself on the rollers one day of training. The other days have been good though. On Tuesday I was still pretty cooked so I decided to take the TT bike out for a spin and check out the nice areas of this Port Moody place. It was good to see something other than the window leading into suburbia.

I also took the ride to work on my TT position a little bit. I find it hard to get into a form on the bike where I am 'narrow'. I feel they don't make TT bars wide enough for my damn Maritime lumberjack/coal-mining/fishing shoulders. I guess I'll never be a tri-geek.


This time last year I was around to watch the Tour de PEI. In retrospect it would have been a good idea to fly back and see the race again for a good mental break. Last year there was free beer for all VIP's(which most of the crew took advantage of in a surly fashion). I hear that costed the race upwards of $15 000, so needless to say the beer wasn't free this year. Maybe it was a good year to miss. Either way its odd seeing pics of a full on UCI race in your hometown.

With that I'm off to bed. The team and I head down to the US tomorrow for the Methow Valley Stage race. Next week I'm hoping ot have a self imposed training camp somewhere in BC before heading to Banff for the.....Tour De Banff.

From there its off to the Que...I think?

No comments: