Saturday, June 28, 2008


The weather has finally been killer here in BC, and I'm loving the shorts and jersey riding. Only a couple more days before I fly out of the big city for another big...french city, which I'm super glad for the change.

Today is a double day of riding. Two rides with a break in between apparently is better for recovery as opposed to doing one big lump sum of a ride. This morning was horrible intervals of 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off @100% for 10minutes straight. I did this 3 times up the crazy hill in the neighborhood. Its funny that I have no problem finding a 10minute+ climb with 16% grades in this neighborhood...this is just to get home.

So now I'm just sitting, doing nothing until I muster up enough energy to go for a 3 hour MTB ride. I haven't been on the MTB in about 2 weeks so I'm looking foreward to the change.

So I got a flat on the scooter. No problem. I'll just get a Tubeless automotive plug kit and fix the rig. I've done it 300 times to cars working at the shop, and I figure this wouldn't be any different.

So I plug the tire...but the air wont hold. Hmmm I try it again...no go. I check the tire...yes it is a tubeless tire. I'm wondering why this isn't working. Then upon further inspection I realize there is a tube in it? Seems very shady to me. The tire is new-ish but there is a tube in it.
Oh well I'll just take the wheel off and find a tube for it somewhere. Luckily for me I'm thinking this Japanese engineered super machine must have been thought through. Sweet, its a left side drive-mono-swing arm thing, which makes it super easy to take the wheel off....just 3 nuts.

So I undo the bolts thinking I'm in the clear when I realize there isn't enough space to take the rim out unless you completely take the muffler off. What the hell. Who thinks of this? Someone must have been drunk off Saki when designing old Gemma.

Yes! this is the exciting life of Ryan! How 'bout that EuroCup!

No comments: