Sunday, June 8, 2008

WTF


I haven't been writing a lot because I haven't been doing anything exciting. It rained all week last week which left the riding indoors on the rollers. C'mon really its June...give me a break. Along with the rain its been cold as well. Its a mood killer that's for sure.

In other news I decided to enter a BC Cup MTB race the night before and managed to take the win?! First win of the year is on a mountain bike..hah. It was honestly my 4th ride on the riggus all year(check the previous postings..not a lot of MTB). I really didn't take it seriously and jokingly registered under the name Turd Ferguson(no joke...SNL Skit). It turns out BC Cups are more legit than I thought, and it led to a huge hoop-la when I tried to pick up my race package. They accused me of having a fake UCI licence(Ryan Taylor being the name on it) and called me Mr. Ferguson. Some of the volunteers got it and laughed..so it was worth it.


The trail was super tech, and honestly was probably the fastest MTB race I've ever done. There was almost no room to pass and the racers order pretty much stayed the same from when we went into the woods from the start lap. It stayed very tight until the last lap.From there guys started to get tired and chose my passing sections wisely I guess. It managed to pay off as I took the win in a sprint. No slouch crowd either the current BC Cup leader was there along with a couple other super fast guys. Just picked good lines I guess.


I also managed to see Andrew Brown and some of my Van Isle friends again, which is always good. I'm hoping to make it over to see them soon. MTB races are so much more fun than roadie races.


Anyway. So the real business came the next day in the form of 130km BC Cup road race. I was hoping for the double win, but 80km in, the effort from the day before caught up with me and I was definitely feeling it in the 'ol legs. I ended up 17th(of 60-75?) which wasn't bad, but the team and I were hoping for better.

Anyway, Life is up in the air for me. I have to make some decisions on what is going to happen in the next couple weeks. I also have to work on getting a fishing licence as well.

1 comment:

Curtismayhem said...

Alex: "Apparently Burt Reynolds has changed his name to Turd Ferguson."

Burt: "Yeah, Turd Ferguson, it's a funny name."