Friday, June 20, 2008

Running to the hills

The team and I are heading to Banff today for my final stage race before Nationals. I booked my plane tickets yesterday and the next few months prove to be full of travelling.

I'll be heading to the Quebec for a week for Nationals, then flying back to BC for a week to do BC Super Week. From there I plan/hope to have enough points to fly back to PEI for about a week where I'll go down to the Tour de Guadeloupe for 10 days. Basically I'm non stop from now until mid-August. I just unpacked my bag from last week's race yesterday, and just finished packing it today for this weeks race.

When I started the season, there were a lot of races I planned/hoped to do. It seems that you have to roll with the punches in this life, and I find myself not travelling to them. I'm still racing the same weeks, but just not the races I had planned.

After Methow Valley last week I made sure to keep in check how the body was doing. After a solid effort in the heat you tend to be a little more tired internally than you might think. Seeing as how it is 2 weeks before Nationals this was my opportunity to put in a bigger week as it offers good recovery time before the BIG race.

Tuesday I decided to race the local Crit along with doing some exploring. It proved to be a good day as I worked hard for Scott as he's the Crit man, and put in a solid effort for me on Sunday. He ended up taking both the Preem and the win, so it was a productive day. Hows this for a team record...Scott won, our Cad3 junior won, and we had 2nd and 4th in the Cad 4's. Not bad I'd say.

Wednesday I rolled in for a good 4.5 hour ride with tons of climbing. I noticed the legs get a little weak toward the end though, but I think would be normal from being tired from the stage race, and Crit from the past few days.


And now we travel.

After the race last weekend I went to the feed zone to grab some bottles. I've lost about 10 bottles over the past few weeks so I went to grab some more that people had left behind. Julian picked up a random one and passed it to me as we were scowering the area. I thought it was funny how it happen to have the Blue Cock on it, I could relate after a long day in the saddle.

No comments: