Tuesday, June 24, 2008


I'm getting tired of travelling as a bike racer. Its not that I hate travelling, just when you are an athlete it makes things so much more difficult. For one I have 2 bikes. SUPER pain in the ass getting through airports there. Not to mentioned big money. West Jet I hear has just changed their luggage allowing 1 free bike onboard per passenger. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
For another thing I usually have to carry my $3000+ racing wheels with me on board. Some airlines don't care, but others will make a big stink about it. I wouldn't be such a jerk about taking my wheels on board if they could frigging handle them with care, which they claim they do but everyone knows is a damn lie.

Another thing. Things like getting decently timed flights is easier said than done. Getting in at 8pm is much better than flying all night and getting in at 6 am in another time zone. For most people doing a Red Eyes sucks, but its usually wayyyyyyy cheaper so its not a big deal. As an athlete a Red Eye will mess up your riding for a week. I've only done it once mid-season and I'll never do it again.

Anyway, so logistics as well. I currently need a place to stay in Montreal on July 1st and 2nd....anyone know anyone? Hmmmm

I just got back from the Chiropractor. Luckily the Chiropractor in Port Moody also happens to be the Olympic team's Chiropractor. He cracked me somethin' fierce and said I should probably take it easy tonight. So..that what I'm gladly doing. A season worth of crashes has made part of my body tighter than a Vancouver bus in Chinatown.

Tomorrow I have a good 5 hour ride scheduled. Hopefully the weather will stay nice and I can get a ride in without leg or arm warmers. 5 hours is a good number because it will give me a chance to explore this area a little bit more. With a 4 hour ride I usually just stick to the routes I know but that extra hour ads some exploring lee-way time.

Basically there is nothing going on. I wonder what Izaiahs doing right now.....

1 comment:

shawna said...

Probably eating a fistful of sand and chasing the girls around at daycare.