Wednesday, May 21, 2008



I often wonder what kind of form riding will take after I hang up the racing bike. I hope to hop back on the single speed once again and simply ride.

My mind wonders now, to what kind of riding I will do after I hang up the racing bike THIS year, after the racing season is over. My desire to build up a Surly Cross Check has been simmering for a long time now. To me that bike represents freedom. It was what I was going to get before the need for a TT bike became apparent.

The idea of long haul riding, from one point to another at what-ever pace I want is very appealing to me. I find my mind wondering and secretly planning out little trips for myself. If I see a nice area I add it to a little route I have in mind.

As my Dad would say, there just isn't enough hours in the day and it seems of all the things I want to do this year I wont have time if I want to go to some sort of school in September...where-ever that will be.

I don't know where I'll be in a month, so its hard to plan long haul bike trips to clear the head, and even school on top of that. For some reason camping in a ditch with your bike handcuffed to your ankle seems oddly appealing.

No comments: