Thursday, April 19, 2007

Charming thoughts forgotten



"I hear old man Luke got a new bike."

"A new bike eh?"

"Yeah, some sort of MTB with.....road wheels."

"Road wheels?"

"Yeah, I've never seen the likes, what a buffoon."

"Hmm"

"Its a one gear thing too eh? "

"That guy. Ya never know whats going on with him."

"Goodness, riding some sort of monster bike. Jesus."

Well, the sniffles have held me indoors today. Since I'm in between intensity days I figured it would be best to stay in and rest up. Tomorrow being a very long day. That long day being a climb up Mount Washington. 20km straight up(10-16%) for a good hour...through the clouds and into the cold. I haven't decided whether to do it on my mountain bike, or on the roadie. If I was tough I would do it on the mtb.....interesting. This is the Pain Train at its best folks.

First mountain bike race this weekend, we'll see how it goes. I don't know how I'm doing on the mountain bike since I barley ride with anyone. I'm looking fore ward to a couple days of "rest" after the Washington climb before the first race of the year. "Rest" being just a few hours of simple down to earth mountain biking, with no routine or structure. Yee haw.

No comments: