Friday, April 13, 2007

Rainy Days



I've come accustomed to living out of a suitcase. I think going back and forth between parents houses when I was young was good training for being a cyclist. Pack, unpack. repeat. The week isn't dictated by a Friday, or the weekend. Its dictated by when you have to pack, and the longest time in the week where you can settle in.


This week its back to Vancouver for the Harris Roubaix Classic. A road race over gravel roads and cobbles. Not super long, but very brutal I'm told. Slap on the training slicks and crap wheels we're going racing!


In 2 weeks I'll be heading back to the old country. 5 races between then and now, and after that, I'm home for 9 days before I head to Quebec. It's the perfect time to see everyone then head off for a new adventure. Pack, unpack, repeat.

Since there is a god dammed hurricane outside today, I did all of my training on the trainer. Which makes it about the 5th ride on it this year. Pretty good. If I had to put in monster miles on the trainer like I did when I was a Jr. I would be crazy. It actually felt good to get the super specific training I planned down to the second and the exact percentage of heart rate, with no extra miles or mumbo jumbo.

I tried to change my ticket to a week later going back to PEI on account of the horrible winter storms. But, dealing with Air Canada proved to be too much of a hassle, so I'll take what I'm dealt I guess. On that note, time to turn up Elliott Smith and watch the rain.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

You monster. How can you visit Vancouver and not come see me? :)

Elliott Smith is always perfect for what ails ya.

Unknown said...

Sorry dear, its head over late, go to bed early, get up early, and leave dircectly after the race. No excitment for me......besides its in Pit Medows..........outside of Van I'm told? kisses -Ryan

Miranda said...

Heh heh. I figured as much :) How did the race go for ya?