Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Smiley Face



This week is the first week where the main goal is intensity rather than mileage. I chose to work on my lactate threshold as I noticed it needed some work. So, I picked the longest logging road climb I could find, which was to the top of Forbidden Plateau.

Close to the top of the Forbidden Plateau Road is the entrance to one of the best trails I've ever ridden. I wanted it to be my desert after 2 hours of pain. That trail being of course "2 Sheiks." Like most trails in the Valley it has the most rough singletrack you'll ever ride, but somehow manages to pull a deadly flow out of all the mess. We're talking drop offs, with jagged rock. Climbing over rockface and though streams, around cliffs. Deadly.


Along with that though are some of the most amazing views I've ever seen in my life. I have to stop and stare at the mountains for a few mintues every time I ride the trail. Something like that never gets old. Its funny how much you miss sometimes while ripping down a trail focused only on the trail itself.


After about an hour of sold singletrack, I reached the bottom of the abandoned ski hill and proceeded back toward home. The ride was a little longer than I wanted comming in at a little over 3.5 hours. But it was good to re-unite with some trail I was missing.


I just finished my first beer in awile, and I'm pretty much in the bag. Its funny how your body changes in only a few months. I have a pretty solid reputation at the bike shop as being a cheap date. Usually when I put a couple beer back after work at the shop on Saturday(boss buys), I can barely make it home on my bike without narrowingly missing the ditch or going into traffic.

1 comment:

Jason h said...

Going to Cali this weekend!! We're you the one asking me about the government grants website? Here it is..Here ya go..