Thursday, April 26, 2007

That Award Winning Rabbit


(New tire day from NRG/Maxxis!)
I went for my first ride after a solid 2 days of rest. It was only going to be an hour of easy singletrack. Of course 20 minutes in a fell directly on the ol' banged up knee resulting in much swelling and and nice red trail of blood onto my very shiny new shoes. Back to square one.

When I woke up today I was surprised that the knee was much better and I decided to forgo the horrible climb up Mt. Washington, and just put in the time into a solid MTB ride. Sometimes you have to give your mind a rest from intensity and relax by doing your favorite pastime......that being banjo pla.....umm mountain biking.


Until the knee bang, I had been doing so much structured riding that I think I needed to take a lesson from last year and simply ride trail....hard. Its easier on the head, and more fun. In this case with another race in a few days, its what the brain needs.


On top of that, its $1 day at the Salvation Army. I scoped that sucker out a couple days ago, hiding all my goodies in the bin of kids teddy bears, so they'll be waiting for me when I throw down some bills today. Especially if you plan on ordering some Oakley Racing Jackets, the glasses I've wanted since I was 12 years old. They don't come cheap.

No comments: